Thursday, February 14, 2008

some thoughts from Bernard Moitessier

I am quoting Bernard because I cannot express myself any better. This is exactly what I have felt and still feel today :
....I try never to look too far ahead. I heave to emotionally. When everything is going wrong, you stop thinking, you just act on instinct, you just do what has to be done every day. And little by little things become clear.....

...The mind had shed anything that could harm it since anything that is useless can cause harm. An animal instinct alone which dwells deep within each of us had come to the surface to flower to take full possession of the boat/man unity, to give it the only order that make sense : hang on, whatever happened. Hold on, without trying to understand. And above all live in the present, forgetting everything else.


1 comment:

isabelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.